Published on 2020-04-04
Are you constantly monitoring your Google My Business profile and have received a negative review or comment ? We’re sorry to hear that, but you need take effective action immediately.
Here are the seven (7) steps that Mechanic Web Services recommends to writing an effective response to a negative review on Google.
1. First, consult your team to get details on the circumstances and events that may have led to this opinion and comment
2. Check that this review is not fraudulent
3. Write your answer, taking into account certain basic communications principles: respect, politeness, openness, empathy and honesty
4. To start, thank the reviewer for taking the time to give their feedback and for their interest in your business
5. Then, show empathy by offering excuses
6. Present the actions taken or to come following the comment
7. End your message by requesting a telephone conversation with the person who wrote the review, and by saying you hope to maintain the business relationship. Feel free to include your name and job position in your message.
Watch out for the reaction that your response may have. If this occurs, request a phone conversation.
Remember, negative reviews do not threaten your Garage, Auto Centre, or Auto Parts Store. On the contrary, they prove the truthfulness of your customer’s opinions, and are the perfect opportunity to revise certain practices and send a positive message. Think about it. Here is a good example: you are putting too many calls on hold during the tire installation period and this is making customers frustrated. Solution: promote the new appointment booking feature directly on your website.
Do you find it difficult to manage, monitor, add content and follow up on the notifications your Google My Business profile requires? We have a plan designed for you at $35 / month. Let Mechanic Web Services take care of it for you!